miércoles, 21 de enero de 2015

Voltairine de Cleyre



I Am

I am! The ages on the ages roll: 
And what I am, I was, and I shall be: 
by slow growth filling higher Destiny, 
And Widening, ever, to the widening Goal. 
I am the Stone that slept; down deep in me 
That old, old sleep has left its centurine trace; 
I am the plant that dreamed; and lo! still see 
That dream-life dwelling on the Human Face. 
I slept, I dreamed, I wakened: I am Man! 
The hut grows Palaces; the depths breed light; 
Still on! Forms pass; but Form yields kinglier 
Might! 
The singer, dying where his song began, 
In Me yet lives; and yet again shall he 
Unseal the lips of greater songs To Be; 
For mine the thousand tongues of Immortality.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo del blog

Buscar este blog